Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Excuses and Exercises..

On Sunday I decided to work out.  Dusted off and popped new AA batteries into my WiiFit balance board, and started the "The Biggest Loser" video game.

As I started to set up my 4 week training program, I had top decide between beginner, Intermediate and Advanced.  I admit, I was tempted to go with Intermediate, just so I wouldn't get a "weak" work out... but I decided to be honest with myself and go with the Beginner.

I started it up... Squats... Not too bad... Leg Lifts... okay.. Stretches... Good.. Jumping Jacks... Lunges... Push Ups..... Repeat....

Basically...

It  .  Kicked  .  My  .  ASS

I couldn't finish it. It was a 23 minute cycle, and I only made it about 15 minutes and I had to stop. I couldn't catch my breathe. I couldn't speak.. My heart felt like it was going to completely come out of my ears..

So I just walked away from the Wii balance board with the voice of Jillian Michaels telling me, "come on, you can do this".. and after downing 2 bottles of water.. I said.. "No computer Jillian, No I can't". I felt that it was just WAY too much for me to be doing alone in my bedroom, instead of the Biggest Loser contestants who not only have each other and their trainers, but medics on seen if one of them passes out.  I decided to go downstairs so that if I passed out, at least my husband could revive me.

I can only tell you one other time I was that out of breathe from over working myself.. and it was when I ran 2 miles through the Detroit airport to catch a flight. We made the flight, but when I got on board I puked. All I could think about was I was NOT going to miss that flight!  And I didn't, I made it home and got a great story about of it.

So here I am. I tried... my body is aching, and I felt fatigue like I've just run a Marathon after 1/2 of the Beginner circuit on the Biggest Loser video game... but I'm not defeated.

I did something I haven't done. I worked out harder than I have in over 5 years.

And I'm going to keep doing things that are out of my comfort zone until these things get easier, and then I'll have to find a new comfort zone.

Tonight I'm going to take a new avenue, and complete a Walk Away the Pounds DVD. 30 minutes... 2 miles. I've done this one recently. And although it's hard, I know I can finish it.. and I intend to finish it.

It's just so hard being your own worst enemy at the same time as your greatest ally.



No comments:

Post a Comment